ATTEN is supported by the Australian Council of Deans of Education (ACDE) through their constituent Heads of Schools of Education.
ATTEN aims to:
- represent Australian university Technologies Teacher Educators
- develop a better understanding of the Technologies pre-service teacher education landscape in Australia through communication of common understandings for the implementation of Technologies education in pre-service Initial Teacher Education (ITE) programs
- share and develop pedagogical strategies to promote excellence in pre-service teacher Technologies education
- share and develop resources that help teachers teach the Technologies Curriculum in Australian schools
- identify research needs and collaborative research opportunities in the Technologies teacher education area
- ensure that ATTEN becomes a sustainable organisation, providing a strong voice in the advocacy of Technologies teacher education.
All materials will be disseminated via the ATTEN Google Drive folder. A Gmail account has been setup for this purpose.